Have you ever seen words or an image in the oddest place that perfectly answer a question you’ve been struggling with, or spotted a billboard or license plate that forecast something significant to come?
Did you somehow invite a sign from Spirit – or was it just coincidence?
If you’ve read any of my books or come to one of my workshops or demonstrations, I’m sure you know how I’d reply to that question! After being tuned in to the Spirit realm for over three decades, I know for certain that when we send out thoughts and intentions to the universe, we get an answer. After that, it’s up to us to notice the signs and take advantage of the wisdom they contain.
Signs have been popping up everywhere I look lately. It’s no wonder, since I’ve been working on a brand new course that will be launching on the James Van Praagh School of Mystical Arts in just a few days. It’s all about how to invite, decode and follow the signs and signals that the universe sends our way! It’s a topic that I know my students will love – after all, we can all use some divine guidance to help us navigate this challenging human existence.
While I take a short break from adding the finishing touches to my Signs from the Universe course, I’d like to share a few ways to quickly manifest more divine guidance – today!
1) Invite the Universe to guide you. Your guides will respond to a direct question, so feel free to ask for exactly what you need. For example, I recently was considering putting together a spiritual retreat, but I wasn’t sure if my students would be receptive to the idea. I asked for a sign, thanked the universe in advance for it’s assistance – and requested that my “message” be sent within 24 hours. Sure enough, later that day as I sat at a red light, I spotted a train with “Santa Fe” emblazoned on the side. My intuition pinged loudly, and I considered this a go-ahead to schedule my workshop in Santa Fe New Mexico.
2) Live in the present moment. While you’re stewing about the past or worrying about the future – guess what? You might be missing helpful signs that Spirit is sending your way. Start your morning with a short meditation, and set your intention to practice mindfulness throughout your day, so you’re open and receptive to divine guidance.
3) Trust your intuition. The universe has it’s own language, and your way of interpreting signs is unique. I’m always hesitant to tell someone what a sign means because there is no exact “Spirit dictionary.” A highly intuitive student once told me that she sensed that Spirit was giving her a warning whenever it put a flaming red cardinal in her path. To most people, Cardinals are a sign that a deceased loved one is with them – but to my student, a cardinal was a sure sign to proceed with caution.
4) Keep a Sign Journal. The more signs you notice and act upon, the more the Universe will send your way. To give signs the attention they deserve, and to become aware of meaningful patterns, consider jotting them down and reviewing them every few weeks. (Spoiler alert – I’m providing you with a printable journal in my upcoming Signs course).
5) Gratitude – Be conscious of the signs you receive, and don’t forget to thank the universe for it’s guidance. The more time you spend in gratitude, the more divine wisdom and support you will attract.
Visualization exercise to manifest a sign from Spirit:
Here’s a simple exercise you can practice anytime you have a choice to make, or if you need validation that you are on the right path.
Sit quietly and think of an area where you would benefit from some guidance. Picture your situation, and how your path might unfold. As you do so, open yourself up to any images that might represent an answer to your question. For example, if you’re considering taking a cruise but you have a fear of the water, you might find yourself visualizing a life preserver as a sign of safety. Or you might see a beautiful sunset over the water or a rainbow.
Don’t force things, let your intuition deliver your images to you and remember them.
Now ask Spirit to deliver you a sign over the next day or so based on what you’ve visualized. You can be specific with your time frame. Be sure to thank the universe in advance, and set your intention to recognize your personal sign when it appears!
I look forward to sharing more of my experiences with signs and guidance from the universe over the next few weeks. I hope you’ll keep track of the signs you encounter, as my new course launches, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to share them with our student community!