I’m really looking forward to starting my third session of Awaken the Writer Within. I have a strong feeling it’s going to be our best one yet!
If you have a “book in you” (and I believe we all do) I hope you’ll consider letting me coach and mentor you via this unique multi-media course.
The timing couldn’t be better. With Covid-19 limiting travel and activities, you might find yourself with a little extra time on your hands. Maybe you’ve taken this opportunity to pursue new interests– like cooking, knitting, gardening, painting, or writing, and as this unusual year comes to a close, you may be feeling the urge to shake things up even more. If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that life is unpredictable – and there’s no time like the present to take that leap of faith and follow your dreams.
Taking the Leap.
Do you have a particular type of message you’d like to share? It might be something life-changing that you experienced first-hand or a profound idea you are burning to share. You might feel called upon to write poetry, a children’s book, or a screenplay. Maybe you just want to make people laugh or provide an escape from reality through an adventure, romance, or science fiction novel. Whatever type of writing you’re considering, I know you’ll benefit from the advice I provide, as well as the comradery of other writers in the group.
Moving past the fear.
What stops most of us from putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard)? Everyone has a story – so why isn’t everyone a writer?
Sometimes the hardest part of writing is just getting started. Your heart might say yes, but your mind finds a million reasons to doubt or stall. Let me know if any of these rationalizations sound familiar to you:
- I’m too busy.
- Let me just finish (insert task here) first.
- I’m not disciplined enough.
- I’ve started the same book many times, but I don’t ever get past chapter 2.
- I don’t think my story is original enough.
- I’m afraid other people won’t be able to relate to what I have to say.
- I’m intimidated by the publishing process.
- I don’t have the skills.
- I don’t know how to write dialogue.
- I’ll never be able to get published
Guess what? These “reasons” are all fear-based. As a spiritual teacher, I’ll help you rise above the fear.
As the New York Times bestselling author of over a dozen books, I know just what you need. Unlocking creativity of any kind requires a dash of inspiration, a big dose of confidence, and the support of like-minded individuals. We’ll jump right into the basics in Lesson 1.
Here’s what you’ll learn in just one video lesson and the follow up live group call:
The Complete Guide to Writing Your Book
In this powerful first lesson, I lead you to tap into your #1 source of inspiration and creativity so you can finally take action on your book. Through both experiential processes and practical techniques, you will:
- Bring your book idea to life. (And, get clear on what you want to write about if you’re not sure yet.)
- Learn how to engage your audience from the first page.
- Discover how to structure your book so readers love it.
- Create a clear writing goal that excites you – and learn how to easily stick to it.
- Learn my proven method for creating your perfect title.
- Break free of blocks and tap into the creativity within.
- Do the spiritual work necessary to step out and become a published author.
- Connect with your writing guides and receive their crucial insights to help you.
- And much more!
Over the last few days, I’ve been thinking about some of the gifted writers I came in contact within earlier sessions. Several have been published, and I’ve been thrilled to hear about their success. I didn’t create these writers, but I like to feel that through my writers course, I helped them enhance the gifts they already possessed.
I’d like to help you too!