I’ve been noticing something at the grocery store. With so many people stocking up on non-perishables, its suddenly obvious which items are popular, and which aren’t. For example, the soups and pastas left on the shelf are clearly the varieties no one wants. Going forward, I bet the companies who make and distribute these brands will take the hint and eliminate these unloved products.
Of course, I’m not just talking about Campbells Bean with Bacon Soup and green spinach pasta – I have a more important point to make – but seeing them sitting on the shelves got me thinking…
In previous blogs, I’ve talked about the silver lining to this whole pandemic. With limited social activity, no travel, and lots of time to reflect, it suddenly becomes crystal clear what you value and what you could easily eliminate. That applies to the people in your life, household items, how you spend your time, how you support yourself – everything.
As the world slowly starts to open up again we’re all faced with transitioning to a new version of normal. Of course, the government will put some guidelines in place, but each of us has the power to define what our life will look like going forward.
How can you make the last six weeks meaningful? Do you want things to go back to exactly the way they were?
I, for one, have made some changes to my life. Being at home without my normal busy schedule gave me a chance to think about what I really care about – how I want to spend my time and who I want to spend it with. Yes, even spiritual teachers can benefit from some downtime!
Basically, I trimmed life down to the essentials, and I like it that way. Now I get to decide what I want to add back in and why. I’m determined to go about this in a thoughtful and mindful manner.
How about you? Are you ready to step into your power and take control of YOUR new normal?
Just like the grocery stores have a chance to get rid of the brands and varieties that don’t serve them, this is your chance to eliminate those things that don’t serve YOU.
As you chart your path forward, it might help to ask yourself a few questions:
- Who are the people you have reached out to the most during this time – the ones who have brought you comfort, made you laugh, and inspired you?
- What activities have you been longing to resume? On the other hand, are there things you’re no longer spending time on that you don’t miss at all?
- Are there new habits you have had time to pursue that you want to make sure to continue?
- When life slows down, it becomes easier to hear the voice of your soul. You are likely to feel more intuitive and more connected to source. What direction has your intuition been leading you?
- Here’s the most important question of all. The pandemic has reminded us that life is precious. If you were to put aside the “shoulds” and commit to living life on your own terms, what would that look like? How would you like to spend your precious time on earth?
Is a career in the mystical arts on your bucket list? If you’re reading this blog, it’s likely that you’re interested in raising your consciousness and strengthening your connection to source. You might be a gifted psychic, healer or medium – or have the potential to be one.
Now is the perfect time to pursue your dream, and I’m here to help you get started.
I’m hosting a free webinar next week where I’ll share all the details about one of my most popular courses, the JVP Mediumship Level 2 Certification.
This course has launched many successful lightworkers! Here’s just a sample of what I’ll be sharing:
- Exactly what you’ll learn over the course of this unique 8-week program.
- What it’s like to be personally mentored by me, James Van Praagh.
- How much time and effort is needed to successfully complete the program.
- The benefits of participating in the student development circles.
- How to know if you’re ready to give readings to clients.
Interested? I hope you’ll join me on for this fun and informative free webinar. I’m calling it, “So, You Want to be a Spiritual Medium.”
On May 12th at 4:00p.m PST/7:00pm EST
And no matter what the next step in your journey looks like, know that you have the power to live the life of your dreams.